Data protection and privacy notice
In order to use the forms in this section to make a payment, we may ask for some personal information (such as name, address, postcode, email address).
This information will be held securely and will be used to verify your transaction.
We may share your personal data between our services and with partner organisations, such as government bodies and the police. We will do so when it is of benefit to you or required by law or to prevent or detect fraud.
Any processing of your data will be performed in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018.
We do not store any sensitive payment card data, nor do any 3rd party suppliers that process your data on our behalf.
For further information, and to find details of your rights and how we process personal data, please go to our Data protection and transparency page.
Pay by direct debit
Direct Debit – If you make regular payments for Council Tax, Housing Rent or Business Rates, why not pay by Direct Debit? We can automatically collect agreed payments.
Further information is available in the Pay your council tax and Pay your business rates sections (please see links in related pages).
To submit a Direct Debit form online please select one of the following links:
For information on paying your housing rent by direct debit please visit the Paying Your Rent section of this website (please see link in related pages).
- Business Rates
- Car park Penalty Charge Notices
- Car park season ticket renewal
- Council invoice
- Council Tax
- Housing Benefit overpayment invoice
- Housing rent and leasehold service charges
- Building Notice application form
- Building Control Full Plans Submission application form
- Planning Application Payment Form
- Pre-Application Advice Meeting Form
- Regularisation Certificate application form
- Pay your business COVID-19 Penalty Charge Notice
- Business Waste - Additional Collection Payment
- Street Naming and Numbering Payment Form
- Application for Inscription at Woodman Road Cemetery for a Vault or Niche
- Burials Payment Form
- Exclusive Rights of Burial
- Memorial Application
- Renew Exclusive Rights of Burial
- Bulky Household Waste Collection (also known as Special Collection)
- Enforcement Fixed Penalty Notice
- Green Waste Wheeled Bin
- High Hedges Complaint Payment Form
- Local Air Pollution Prevention and Control Permits Payment Form
- Request a Copy of a Tree Preservation Order
- Trade Waste Sack Order form
- Apply/Renew Hartswood Golf Course Annual Season Ticket/20 Round Ticket
- Bowls Season Ticket Application
- Event Application Payment Form
Licensing - Alcohol, Entertainment and Late Night Refreshment
- Amend/Request a Copy of a Personal Licence
- Application for the Grant of a Pavement Licence
- Application to Request a Replacement Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate
- Club Premises Certificate Application
- Club Premises Certificate - Apply to Vary
- Extension of Provisional Licence Application
- Minor Variation of a Premises Licence
- Notification of Change in Name and or Address of a Designated Premises Supervisor
- Notification of Change in Name and or Address of a Premises Licence Holder
- Pavement Permit - Application for New or Renew
- Personal Licence Application
- Premises Licence Application
- Scrap metal licence application
- Temporary Event Notice
- Transfer of Premises Licence Application Form
- Variation of Designated Premises Supervisor
- Variation of a Premises Licence
Licensing – Taxis and Minicabs
- Miscellaneous (DBS, Door Signs, DVLA check, Knowledge test re-sit, Plate Holders,Replacements) Payment Form
- Taxi Driver Licence – Apply or Renew
- Taxi Vehicle Licence – Apply or Renew
Licensing - Miscellaneous
- Skin Piercing Practitioner Registration
- Skin Piercing Premises Registration
- Society Lottery Annual Fee Form
- Society Lottery Return Form
- Application for Replacement of Resident Discount Parking Card
- Penalty Charge Notice (received in a car park)
- Penalty Charge Notice (received on the street) (administered by Chelmsford City Council for South Essex Parking Partnership)
- Renew Car Park Season Ticket
Pay by telephone
Telephone – 0345 200 1173 is our dedicated 24 hour automated telephone line for payments. (Currently available for council tax, car park parking fines, housing rent, housing benefit overpayment, Council invoices and business rates).
Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02). Calls from landlines are typically charged up to 9p per minute; calls from mobiles typically cost between 3p and 40p per minute depending on your network provider. Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages.
Alternatively - You can pay by debit or credit card over the phone for Council services (office hours only) by calling 01277 312500.
PayPoint housing rent card
You cannot use your Council Tax PayPoint payment card to make payments from 31 March 2017.
Home or telephone banking
The Council’s bank is:
Lloyds Bank PLC
Sort Code: 30-91-17
Account Number: 01731291
Account Name: Brentwood Borough Council
Reference No. - Please quote your reference number e.g. Council Tax number
Pay by cheque or postal order
Like many organisations, we prefer people to make payment by electronic methods rather than by cheque, if possible. If you do not have bank account or credit/debit card – you can buy a postal order from your local post office.
Cheque and postal order payments should be made out to Brentwood Borough Council and sent to the Town Hall, Ingrave Road, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8AY (please write on the reverse your name/address and the reference number you are paying for).